From time to time, positions become available as either an associate or an usher to a judge of the District Court of Western Australia.
Written expressions of interest are invited from persons wishing to be considered for such positions.
Associates provide a range of clerical, administrative and other assistance to judges including:
- Arranging listings and court sittings, including circuit sittings;
- Maintaining court records, arraigning accused, empanelling juries, administering oaths and managing exhibits;
- Operating a variety of court systems and equipment;
- Liaising with the judiciary, legal profession, litigants, witnesses and other court users to ensure efficient court hearings; and
- Legal and research services.
Applicants for the position of Associate who are law graduates are advised that approval of the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia is required before employment as an Associate will count towards the requirements of Articled Clerkship. All queries regarding the requirements of Articled Clerkship should be addressed to the Board.
Ushers assist their respective judge, and associate, by undertaking clerical and other general duties to ensure court sittings run smoothly.
Applications for the position of associate or usher should be forwarded to:
District Court of Western Australia
500 Hay Street
PERTH WA 6000
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (personal details, academic achievements, work history, references/referees)
Applications will be kept on file for a period of 12 months and forwarded to the Judges whenever a vacancy arises.
Information regarding most other positions with the District Court is available from the WA Public Sector Management Office Website [ www.jobs.wa.gov.au ].